RAMTEC moves beyond manufacturing and robotics basics to prepare students for the shifting demands of real-world manufacturing facilities though extensive industry partnerships.
Are you ready to turn your interests into application in a highly-skilled and high-demand career? START HERE.
Increasing sophistication in technology and product manufacturing means that the skill-level of entry-level employees is constantly on the rise. This means that being prepared requires more than a basic understanding, but an immersion in industry experience that can only be gained by learning from those that do. RAMTEC’s highly qualified instructors are strongly connected to industry leaders fostering an education filled with the most up-to-date and relevant practices. Coupled with the opportunity to gain serval recognized certifications, RAMTEC graduates enter the workforce with strong knowledge and advanced skills.
• Envision, design and sketch real life concepts using Computer-Aided-Drafting (CAD), 3D Inventor, and interactive simulation software
• Design, build and program Robotic and Automation work cells
• Graduate with industry recognized certifications for completing Lincoln Robotic Welding, Yaskawa Motoman Robotics, FANUC Robotics, Allen Bradley Automation, Mitsubishi Automation, Parker Hydraulics and Project Lead the Way
• Design and program robots to compete in the SkillsUSA Robotics and Automation, National Robotics Challenge and Vex Robotics competitions
Engineering is a two-year program.
- Junior Year: Flexible 150 minutes at RAMTEC on the Tri-Rivers Campus.
- Senior Year: Flexible 150 minutes at RAMTEC on the Tri-Rivers Campus.
- You may choose to take your academics at your home school or Tri-Rivers.
Capstone projects: building high performance vehicles and/or a robotic work cell.
You will have the opportunity to program industrial robots in the new RAMTEC (Robotics & Advanced Manufacturing Technology Education Collaborative) Ohio facility located on the Tri-Rivers Campus in collaboration with Marion Technical College and The Ohio State University at Marion.
ADMISSION STANDARDS: On target for graduation
Recommended courses: Algebra, Geometry, and Engineering Related Courses
Is this you?
• I am analytical
• I dream big
• I am mechanical I am sharp
Career Opportunities Upon Graduation:
Mechanical Engineering Technician
Career Opportunities With Additional Training/Education:
Industry recognized certifications for completing AMTEC, AMATROL, FANUC and Project Lead the Way
Technicians—$35,000 to $60,000
Some Area Employers Include:
Houser Racing, Liebert Corp., Whirlpool, Honda of America, Nucor Steel, Detroit Diesel, Worthington Industries
Marion Technical College.
Dual Enrollment for Computer Integrated Manufacturing (3 hours-Robotics) and Digital Electronics (3 hours-Digital Circuits I), CAD & Blueprint Reading
Prepared for immediate employment and to attend college in Engineering
College Credit • Articulations• Certifications • Scholarships
A College Tech Prep Program and Dual Enrollment